2017 Art of Martini Rules & Regulations
Courtesy of Thirsty.com
Every great artist has their masterpiece and every great bartender should have their Martini recipe. The Martini is the most iconic cocktail in the world. It is adaptable to the individual ordering it, which it makes it so unique. Shaken or stirred? Bone dry or wet? Olives or a twist? The options are limitless.
The Art of the Martini Competition, courtesy of Thirsty.com, gives the bartender the chance to craft the most luxurious martini variation. By doing so, they’re entering rarefied air with a chance to win a trip to Ibiza, Spain for the Global Bartender Celebration.
Six bartenders (one from each of city – New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, Chicago & Las Vegas) will be chosen as the winners of the Art of Martini Competition (ARV: $6,000). The winners will receive:
- Trip to attend the Global Bartender Celebration in Ibiza, Spain (September 2017) where they will compete in the global final competition
- Round trip airfare and accommodations
- All prizes are courtesy of Thirsty.com
- May 1, 2017 12:00:01 a.m. – May 31, 2017 11:59:59pm PST: Open for online recipe submissions to the following 6 cities 3 regions: New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, Chicago & Las Vegas
- Month of June 2017 – City Final Competition: Final Event
- September 21-23, 2017: Trip to Ibiza, Spain to attend the Global Celebration for 6 the winners to compete in the global final competition
- This program is open to all working professional bartenders.
- Competitors must be at least 21 years of age
- Competitors must be legal United States Residents, employed in one of the following regions: New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, Chicago & Las Vegas. Void where prohibited.
- By entering this program, you are givingThirsty.com, Stoli Group USA, LLC/elit Vodka, and its affiliates explicit rights to use your photo, an image of your drink, drink recipe name, and your drink recipe for publicity purposes, including but not limited to: press, social media, digital activation and promotional activation.
Phase 1 – Online Entries:
All complete entries submitted to www.artofmartini.com within the entry timeframe will be judged against the below criteria based on the perceived qualities of the written recipe and essay entry.
Each competitor must enter one Martini cocktail recipe:
- This is a spirit on spirit cocktail, with elit® vodka serving as the base spirit. No muddled fruit, juices and or syrups should be used in making a Martini. Fruits, herbs, essences and spices may be used in infusions however.
- Modifiers such as fortified wines, bitters, tinctures, infusions, and citrus oils are acceptable variables in a Martini cocktail.
- The ratio of modifier/s to base spirit (elit) should never exceed 50:50. The cocktail should be not exceed 3.5 oz.
- The Martinis’ traditional garnishes are a citrus twist or olives. Cocktail onions are also an acceptable garnish. When thinking of new garnishes, let your imagination run wild.
- The cocktail can be served up or on the rocks. In addition, it may be stirred or shaken. Glassware and presentation are up to the contestants.
Each competitor must answer a short written question:
- Tell us about the inspiration behind your elit martini recipe and the cocktails name.
- Responses must be a maximum of 250 words.
- Relevance to the Martini cocktail (20 points)
- Presentation & Appearance (20 points)
- Taste & Balance (30 points)
- elit Brand Awareness (20 points)
- Cocktail Name & Inspiration (10 points)
Phase 2 – Final Event:
A total of thirty qualifying Finalists (five from each of the 6 cities) will be selected by a panel of experts, based on their recipe submissions, to compete at the live final event the month of June 13, 2017. NeitherThirsty.com, nor Stoli Group USA, LLC will be responsible for travel / accommodations to the final competition.
Rules and judging criteria will be created by Thirsty.com and will be shared with all Finalists a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the Final competition.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Recipes must be original. An original recipe is the product of one’s own mind and is not a copy or imitation.
Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar methods will be void. Any attempt by a person to use multiple email accounts or identities to gain more entries than permitted by these Official Rules shall result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Thirsty.com. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the “authorized account holder” associated with the email address at the time of entry, which must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by the service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses. Potential winners may be required to provide evidence (to Thirsty.com satisfaction) that they are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the person who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Thirsty.com’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Entries and other submitted material become the property of Thirsty.com and will not be acknowledged or returned. Refer to Additional rules below for more details regarding the requirements for your entry.
Additional Requirements for Entry:
Entries must be in English. Entries must not allude to the overconsumption or irresponsible consumption of beverage alcohol. Entries that do not include all required information and do not adhere to the foregoing and following requirements will be considered void and will not be considered in the judging of this contest. Entries that are deemed by Thirsty.com in its sole discretion to be illegal, obscene, profane or not in keeping with Thirsty.com image will be disqualified.
By submitting an entry, you warrant that:
- You are the creator of the entry
- The entry is wholly original
- The entry does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, including any current or former employer, and does not defame any person or identify any person by name other identifying information
- The entry has not previously been entered in any other contest
- The entry does not violate any law or regulation
- com =determination as to whether any entry potentially violates the rights of any third party is final.
Employees of Thirsty.com, Stoli Group USA, LLC, their affiliates, liquor wholesale licensees, as well as advertising/promotion agencies and their immediate family members and household members of each are not eligible. This promotion is void wherever prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. In the event that the contest is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, Thirsty.com reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Contest, or to disqualify participants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event, Thirsty.com and Stoli Group USA, LLC shall have no liability to any entrants who are disqualified due to such an action. You must be at least 21 years of age to be eligible. Contest void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
By accepting a prize, any winner: (a) releases Thirsty.com, Stoli Group USA, LLC and their affiliated companies and licensed alcohol wholesalers and retailers from any/all liability claims, action or proceedings arising out of or for injuries or damages sustained while involved in any promotion activity or connection with the use of the prizes; as well as (b) consents to the use by Thirsty.com or Stoli Group USA, LLC for promotional purposes in connection with this promotion, of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice without further compensation where permitted.
Thirsty.com, Stoli Group USA, LLC, and participating promotional companies, are not in any way liable for damage, loss or injury resulting from computer malfunctions, misdirected or incomplete entries or acceptance and use of the prize. Thirsty.com reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this contest should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the contest. Thirsty.com reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel terminate or suspend the contest. Thirsty.com and Stoli Group USA, LLC assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such attempt.
Entrants will be automatically opted-in to receive messages fromThirsty.com. (Entrants may unsubscribe from list at any time.)
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the rules & regulations pertaining to Art of Martini Competition, courtesy of Thirsty.com.
Elit® Vodka is a registered trademark used with permission by its owner.